Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getting Ready

I've pre-washed the fabric and cut out the pattern pieces I need for the dress. With the 3 day weekend (Memorial Day) I should be able to get a big chuck of the cutting done. I was going to use an ambiance lining on the dress (it comes highly recommended by a sewing friend and I can't stand the cheaper polyester linings as they fray terribly) so I didn't have to put facings on the neck and armhole openings. The price has stopped me in my tracks! It's a minimum of $6.50/yd plus shipping. I can't even find it at local stores. I only paid $4.20/yd for the dress fabric (linen on sale). I just can't do it. I'll be looking for a source for future projects and put facings (which I've never really liked but at least these are the 'band' type and not the pieces that cover the chest and back) on this dress.

No comments: