Saturday, January 09, 2010

What to make? What to Make?


I went to the library today and found several good books on 1950's fashions. Some on how they looked, some on who made which, some on how to sketch fashion. Then I went to WallieWorld and found some really cute green stripe fabric with a little bit of a stretch in it. Some fabric companies even have reproductions of the vintage patterns. My biggest problem is to know how much fabric I'll need. I have looked at several of these reproduction patterns and online patterns to try to get an idea. I think I will need between 5-6yrd to I might make something like this one. The fabric is ONLY $1.50/yd so I won't be spending too much on it any way.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ No Place Life Home said...

What fabric are you planning to use? I love this pattern!